- It's hand crafted from acacia wood and with 2 compartments and 10 divider tabs
- Organize your favorite 3 x 5 or 4 x 6 inch recipe cards
- Has a grooved lid to conveniently hold your recipe note card while cooking your favorite meal.
- Exterior measures 7" Width x 6" Depth x 5.5" Height
- Each interior compartment measures 6.25" W x 2.5" D x 4.4375" H with lid closed
Give someone the gift of an Audible Audio Membership!
CHALLAH (BRAIDED EGG BREAD)
- Preheat oven to 400°F
Prepare the dough
- Add honey to a 1/2 cup water in the mixer bowl. Sprinkle yeast over water and mix, let stand 10 minutes until foamy.
- Add the next 6 ingredients to mixing bowl. Mix with dough hook for 6 minutes. Dough should be a little sticky.
- Place in oiled bowl, cover and let rise in warm place until double in bulk.
- Punch down dough. Let rise again until double in bulk.
- Punch down again. Divide dough into 3 equal parts.
- Roll dough into three long strands. Braid the strands, tucking ends under. Cover with towel and let double in bulk.
- Brush with beaten egg yolk.
- Sprinkle with seeds.
- Bake at 400 F for approximately 30 minutes, until golden brown.
- The challah is done when it sounds hollow when thumped on the bottom.
A simple recipe videos are coming soon!